an exerpt from "The Mindscape of Alan Moore"

"Quitting my day job and starting my life as a writer certainly was a tremendous risk.
It was a fool's leap, a shot in the dark.
But anything of value in our lives- whether it be a career, a work of art, a relationship- will always start with such a leap. And in order to be able to make it, you have to put aside the fear of failing and the desire of succeeding. You have to do these things completely purely without fear, without desire.
Because things that we do without lust or result, are the purest actions that we shall ever undertake."


Monday, November 24, 2008

I'm sorry, but even fish don't smell this fishy!

OK. So I'm just reading a bit of news before I hop into bed and I come across this article that tells me Obama and McCain had been secretly putting together a list of names for the next White House administration team that only the winner of the election would lead.

what????

This sets off my inner alarm like a noisy thief in the daylight. Essentially this tells us that America has a one party system and we know what that means. Does the "f" word come to mind? People will no doubt try to justify this "secret" as a great thing in that Republicans and Democrats are getting along so wonderfully after years of divisiveness. Well, what this says to me is that the people were voting for an illusion. When told they were voting for change they were lied to. And you can throw Clinton into the mix too. I'm sure that there is a huge number of Obama supporters who would balk at the idea of voting for someone who has been collaborating with John McCain for months on an incredibly important issue. It's very strange, indeed.

But I'm not completely surprised. I recommend watching Naomi Wolf talk about her newest book, "The End of America". She has done her research and discovered that there is a basic blueprint for transitioning a democracy into a fascist state. Close looks at Hitler, Stalin, Mussolini and yes, Bush, reveal that there are particular steps taken, or contrived changes imposed on the free society by it's governing force, which gradually strip away freedoms and enslave the nation. She ensures us that the process is well underway south of the border. This is scary stuff, but less so with education. Please watch:

No comments: