an exerpt from "The Mindscape of Alan Moore"

"Quitting my day job and starting my life as a writer certainly was a tremendous risk.
It was a fool's leap, a shot in the dark.
But anything of value in our lives- whether it be a career, a work of art, a relationship- will always start with such a leap. And in order to be able to make it, you have to put aside the fear of failing and the desire of succeeding. You have to do these things completely purely without fear, without desire.
Because things that we do without lust or result, are the purest actions that we shall ever undertake."


Saturday, November 8, 2008

Obama and Cheney cousins! say what?

Well well well...

And so the plot thickens.

Technically, the plot has always been thick. It's more accurate to say that what is expanding is my discovery of just how thick it is. I ran into a lovely man today who disclosed to me that Barack Obama and Dick Cheney are in fact related. I said, "Well, why was this information not released to the public?" and his response was, "It was!". So as soon as I could get my hands on a keyboard I googled their names and, lo and behold, found this Washington Post article from October 2007.

I kept looking and found this New York Times article that told me Obama is related to Bush too!

Veeeeery interesting...
I'll leave it at that.

1 comment:

Elizabeth 'Wild' Roberts said...

Three years ago, if you had shared the family tree connection with respect to Cheney, Bush & Obama, I'm quite certain it would have fallen on my deaf ears.

Today though, I'm thankful that I was given another opportunity for my eyes to be opened, but also, that they've remained that way; eager and willing to search beyond the vanishing point.

For those afraid to think for themselves, they accept this news as the truth by framing it as; wow ... what a small world, never once thinking for a second that there might be more to the story.

I've found that uncovering this type of information is similar to peeling an onion; you have to do it one layer at a time.

If the truth is what you're searching for, then you'll be happy to know there's another layer just waiting to be peeled back ...

Here is a link to an article you'll want to read which will put many things in perspective!

http://www.proliberty.com/observer/20070405.htm