an exerpt from "The Mindscape of Alan Moore"

"Quitting my day job and starting my life as a writer certainly was a tremendous risk.
It was a fool's leap, a shot in the dark.
But anything of value in our lives- whether it be a career, a work of art, a relationship- will always start with such a leap. And in order to be able to make it, you have to put aside the fear of failing and the desire of succeeding. You have to do these things completely purely without fear, without desire.
Because things that we do without lust or result, are the purest actions that we shall ever undertake."


Saturday, December 6, 2008

well, well, well....one step closer

The Central American Union has officially been born! Here's an exerpt from this article

"A summit of Central American leaders on Friday agreed to adopt a common regional currency and passport, among other measures to bolster regional integration in the face of global financial uncertainty, they said in a statement."


And it truly is a matter of a small amount of time before we find ourselves in the same situation with Mexico and the US. The foundation for formulating the North American Union has been being laid for a while behind closed doors and we are closer than ever to experiencing it as a reality. We, as citizens of Canada, are being made to fear and panic and ask our great leader for a solution so we can hold onto our jobs and livelihoods. And what solution does our great leader have in mind? I found this great blog today which has a compilation of videos that answers this question with clarity.

I was at dinner party last night where I met a couple of bankers. My first thought was, "Great! Now I can find out more about the Amero and how well known it is in the world of Canadian banking." My second thought was to not say anything for fear that I would be dismissed immediately as a conspiracy nut who not only knows nothing about money, but who probably is wacked and ignorant about everything! I was afraid that my whole character would be questioned and then dismissed. In the past, this insecurity would have been enough for me to keep silent. But I now know that speaking out about what matters to me is not a freedom I am willing to forfeit.

I know I am on a quest that is not only integral to my survival in the world, but ultimately effects the quality of life for everyone.

So I asked the banker beside me, "Is there any conversation about the Amero? Do people know about it, are they talking about it and what are they saying?" The good news is she knew what I was talking about. But in general, there is so much frenzied focus on simply maintaining employment, that not much action is taken to spread information. In fact, most of the conversation these days is about job loss and shrinkage. People are too distracted and zoomed in so far that the big picture is not even being looked at.

So I guess that's my job! Since I don't operate in the 9-5 arena, and have no benefits or retirement savings to worry about, I am freer than most to continue on my quest to shine a light on the closeted inner workings of the systems that govern our lives. Work for me has always been about what supports me in the moment, and my music and art have always been about observing what IS, coupled with an intention to provide people with what will make their lives a bit better.

While I have compassion for those who are truly struggling to hold onto what is important to them, I am simultaneously relieved that I am not as entwined in the capitalist cog & wheel architecture. I FEEL free in this moment to manoeuvre my life as I choose. I feel an excess of empathy and love for my fellow humans and a desire to nurture their own sense of freedom by reminding them of it. It is our inherent birthright. And no amount of globalization can ever change that fact.

Blessings to you all....

No comments: