an exerpt from "The Mindscape of Alan Moore"

"Quitting my day job and starting my life as a writer certainly was a tremendous risk.
It was a fool's leap, a shot in the dark.
But anything of value in our lives- whether it be a career, a work of art, a relationship- will always start with such a leap. And in order to be able to make it, you have to put aside the fear of failing and the desire of succeeding. You have to do these things completely purely without fear, without desire.
Because things that we do without lust or result, are the purest actions that we shall ever undertake."


Thursday, December 4, 2008

The Rothchild Family

During this time of economic scrutiny it seems apt to explore the roots of our money system. How did it come about? Who created it? And who today is handling the puppet strings of even those we seemingly elect into power?

I am only 33, and a verified idealist to boot, yet even I have lived enough life to know that asking these questions is not a sign of cynicism. It is self-preservation. And curiosity... I just think it's logical to assume that there is an underlying governing force that has been in power for centuries. Too much has happened here on earth with the crazy humans for a hierarchy to not have formed by now. Many people want power and money and will do anything to keep it and get more of it, while many others are just trying to survive. Let's face it- life on planet Earth is a game of Risk, and whether you asked to join the game or not, you're in it! I don't think it's a bad thing or a good thing; it is what it is. And now that I think of it that way, I have to smile. As an avid game-player, I've never been one who needs to win, and nor do I pout when I lose. I only ever play to have fun....lucky for me!

The Rothchild Family originated in Germany and made their family fortune by lending money to the elite of the world, as well as through war. Since family-owned banks existed internationally, the Rothchild's were the predominant source of funding, typically for both sides of every war. It is a fascinating story, and the ten minute clip below outlines a bit of the history:

No comments: