an exerpt from "The Mindscape of Alan Moore"

"Quitting my day job and starting my life as a writer certainly was a tremendous risk.
It was a fool's leap, a shot in the dark.
But anything of value in our lives- whether it be a career, a work of art, a relationship- will always start with such a leap. And in order to be able to make it, you have to put aside the fear of failing and the desire of succeeding. You have to do these things completely purely without fear, without desire.
Because things that we do without lust or result, are the purest actions that we shall ever undertake."


Sunday, December 14, 2008

new adventure


Wow.
It's been one week since I last posted....too long.
Admittedly, I've been more in my head than "in the world" because I have been inspired to reassess my life and ponder new directions.

My wonderful sister had been away from home for a year, traveling to exotic places and partaking in amazing activities along the way. I met up with her last week to hear her stories and as a result of our visit, I am now doing research on where I may like to move to next. It's not a case of "not liking" Toronto, but rather a case of desire for adventure and change.

Ideally, I am looking for a culture and community that is less rat-race oriented and more "back to basics". I am also craving natural beauty like it's a vitamin I'm severely lacking. I want to wake up and see mountains or trees or water rather than the blinking sign of my not so pretty but super-convenient neighbour: the Eikona Chinese restaurant. Don't get me wrong- I love my life and am not complaining about what it looks like.

Just simply, I seek to expand....!

So far Australia, Thailand and India are in consideration...I'd also love to do a bike tour of Europe...perhaps get my citizenship and then...?

I'll keep ya posted on any developments regarding this exciting new project.

Blessings to you, and may your life be an adventure!

No comments: